- Archive all internal, incoming, outgoing emails with multi-domain support.
- Supports most common on-premise email servers.
- Supports most common Cloud email servers.
- Multi-protocol support: POP3, IMAP, SMTP.
- Archive emails from multi-mailbox formats: mbox, maildir, eml files, etc.
- Archive from numerous mail clients (Outlook, Thunderbird, etc).
- Flexible retention policy: choose how long you wish to keep archived emails depending on your criteria and policy.
- 2 types of searches: simple like in Google, or advanced with logical AND and OR criteria.
- Explore complete emails including subject, body, and most common attachments: .doc, .xlsx, .ppt, .html, .pdf, text files.
- Inspect within search results to help finding the required email.
- Searches can be saved for later.
- Each user can search through their own archived emails.
- Restore emails independently of the date, email id and user.
- Forward found emails with today’s date or as its initial sent date.
- Possibility to zip recovered emails.
- Each user can restore its own emails and MailVault admin can restore emails from everyone.
- Multi-mode restore available.
- Direct restore via built-in POP3 server.
- Forward via SMTP server.
- Retrieve email from any search result set (via SMTP, POP3).
- Access archived email from within an email client (over IMAP).
Archive & User management
- Archive management
- Secondary storage facility, with automatic incremental backups and primary archive retention policy.
- Filters out unwanted email.
- Email holding queue during archive or storage maintenance.
- User management
- Import all users from ActiveDirectory, LDAP, CSV file or create new users manually.
- Supports multiple email IDs per user.
- Diverse user roles with related privileges: admin, subadmin, reviewer, user.
- Possibility to send a welcome email to users when the user role is activated.
- Keep emails for several years and retrieve them easily.
- “Reviewer” mode for auditing people to search through the archive with their activity recorded and visible by the MailVault admin.
- Each user can only search and recover its own emails.
- Flexible retention policies to keep invoices for more years for example.
- Track all MailVault activities.
- Monitor email flows and trends.
- Storage report.
- Low disk space.
- Daily activity summary for the admin and optional self-usage of emails when user role is activated.